40,000 searches are processed by Google every second!
We are a nation that is searching. For what?
The most popular
words include Facebook, Youtube, Gmail, weather and Amazon.
Searching for meaning in life is evidence we are more than atomic molecules in a randomly created universe. We are souls seeking for truth and happiness which is often defined by getting what we want and hearing what we like! But truth means we must accept things that are not always the way we want. An unpleasant diagnosis from the doctor may be true therefore we must seek a cure. But where does our search for happiness end?
Any news feed will show the world’s desire to pursue it’s own way has resulted in a corrupt world searching for answers in politics and scientific theories that never answer the big questions. The bible deals with the big issues!
The Gospel is good news but it’s diagnosis is painful and that is why many turn away. God tells us that we all have sinned and despite outward differences every heart is the same, going it’s own way not Gods. God’s standard for measuring ‘good’ is Jesus Christ. He is sinless. Jesus said if we reject Him we will die in our sins and cannot go where he is, - Heaven. God hates sin but loves the sinner. The Gospel is not a man-made religion.
Religion focuses on what WE can do to be right with God but the Gospel places ALL value in what Jesus Christ did when He died for our sins and rose from the dead. Repentance means turning from my sin and placing my faith in Jesus Christ. Then God forgives me and saves me. I will never be in Hell and sure of Heaven. It’s time to repent!
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. Acts 16:31
ON A FRIDAY AFTERNOON IN APRIL AD33 JESUS OF NAZARETH DIED ON A ROMAN CROSS OUTSIDE JERUSALEM. HE DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD. 3 DAYS LATER HIS TOMB WAS FOUND EMPTY - HE HAD RISEN FROM THE DEAD JUST AS HE HAD PREDICTED. HE ROSE BECAUSE AS THE SINLESS SON OF GOD HE HAD POWER OVER DEATH.
6 PROOFS OF THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
1) Hundreds of people saw Him alive. Eyewitness accounts of Jesus’s resurrection were publicly circulated straight after the crucifixion. Paul states in the Bible that Jesus was seen after He rose by over 500 people “of whom the greater part remain unto this present.” In other words, if you want proof, Paul is saying, “Go and ask them”!
2) Written history. The New Testament records the eye-witness testimony of John, Peter, Paul and others to Jesus’s resurrection. The reliability of the New Testament is beyond doubt based on the huge quantity of handwritten BIble manuscripts, their great age and closeness to the events. Historical discoveries like the Dead Sea Scrolls prove the accuracy with which scripture was copied. Discounting the reliability of the New Testament means discounting nearly all secular history!
3) A Broken Roman Seal on Jesus’s tomb. Rome sealed Jesus’s tomb with an official seal and put soldiers on guard ensuring no one stole the body and made a fake claim of resurrection. To break the seal was a capital offence. The seal was broken through resurrection. The soldiers feebly claimed they slept on duty (another capital offence!).
4) An Empty Tomb. What evidence would you look for if someone rose from the dead? An empty tomb with the graveclothes left? Precisely! That's what the Bible says. Someone hurriedly stealing the body would have grabbed everything and run but Jesus left the graveclothes in one place and the napkin in a place by itself!
5) No dead body was ever produced. Why didn’t the Romans simply produce the dead body of Jesus and strangle the “resurrection rumour” at birth? They couldn’t;
He really was alive. Many christians – sceptical at first – went on to die for their faith. If they had stolen the body, their deaths don’t make sense: they wouldn’t have been dying for what they thought to be true, but for what they knew to be false.
6) Millions of living christians From despair to hope…from guilt to peace…from sin to freedom – the power of a risen Saviour, Jesus christ, to transform
anyone’s life confirms He is alive! He has the power to forgive sins because “He was delivered for our offences and was raised for our justification” (Rom. 4:25)
His resurrection guarantees Eternal Life for all who repent and believe on the risen christ but it also guarantees
Eternal punishment for all who reject God’s gift of Eternal Life. If He had power to rise from the dead He has power to raise you to stand before God.
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6 Where do you stand?
It’s amazing how vital truth becomes when a life depends on it. Accident investigators leave no stone unturned to ensure they find out the truth. Truth saves lives. But what is truth? In AD33 A Roman Governor called Pilate asked a man this question as he sentenced Him to death by crucifixion. That man was called Jesus of Nazareth.
Most people view truth in two ways:
1) Absolute truth is discovered not invented. It is absolutely true that 2+2 = 4 and that there are no round squares.
2) Relative truth claims that truth is not fixed because it is linked to people and perceptions that always change.
Language changes and therefore so does truth.
If I say it is true for me then it is true. The problem with the claim of relative truth is that it claims to be absolutely true!
If the truth about what truth is isn't true then there is no such thing as truth at all.
Relative truth statements don’t answer the big questions eg. the age of our universe. And if truth is relative lies are relative. Can we really trust anyone? Astronomers constantly move the goal posts as to the age of the earth. The absolute truth is they don’t know! The best they can do is give an estimate or on Dawkins ad ‘probably’ but theory and probably are NOT absolute truths and if followed flying a plane may be fatal. Yet millions are content to take the greatest journey of all beyond death with no absolute truth. Real science is based on absolute truth eg. Water boils at 100˚C. This is true scientific evidence.
We cannot ‘truly’ claim that science proves there is no God but we can say that science is part of the evidence there is God. The next witness to God's existence is the scriptures.
The claims of the Bible to be true rest on clear evidence that is absolutely true and a man who claimed to be ‘the truth.’ - Jesus’ claims to be God were clearly demonstrated in his miraculous power over creation and ultimately His power over death rising from the dead. Seen by hundreds and recorded by four key witnesses the bible is also able to foretell history in advance. The prophecy of 4 world empires in exact succession. The Babylonian, Persian, Greek, and Roman empires all followed as the bible said they would and proved God's word 100% accurate so that even the British Museum had to agree the bible got it absolutely right! Sadly many don’t want to acknowledge the truth because it demands that I bow to the word of God and to His will.
Pilate sold the truth for popularity. What will you trade the truth for?
JESUS CHRIST SAID...
“I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John’s Gospel Ch 14:6